A-whard (please channel Urmila Matondkar)
Shockingly this award isn’t for who can wait the longest between posts. But it’s from a friend and I can see why – she’s a flesh-and-blood friend, not virtual and sooner or later we might meet and after we’ve talked about such-and-such teacher in 7th standard, talk might turn to blogging and she might need to fumble and look for excuses as to why she never a-wharded me anything. Such is a friend. You virtual ones are useless. I didn’t mean that – please read!
Seven things I love and award seven bloggers I love:
1. Film: yes I mean film and I mean it seriously. French are my favorite, I think film-making is in their blood. But I devour everything from B’wood to documentaries to shorts. I got to at least 4 film festivals in a year and when we have to make budget cuts in the house, movies are the last to go. Actually they never go.
2. J.D. Salinger
3. Animals/ Wildlife: As is obvious from this blog’s devotion to Veeru and Basanti. I am vegetarian almost entirely due to animal rights issues and it’s one of the driving principles in my life. Even the most helpless of humans, children and the old included, don’t bring out the emotion that a helpless animal can. It’s not thought out, it’s viscerally who I am. But yes cats are my favourite!
4. Beer: You have a very pregnant woman writing on a very hot muggy NY day, grrrrr.
5. Gujarati thali/food: Dhokla, muthiya, dal, kadi, aam ras. Oh you knew what I meant by gujarati thali?
6. My husband: Marrying him is my biggest accomplishment and I’ve done nothing to deserve him.
7. Water: Oceans and rivers, seas and lakes. I need to live close to water.
And the a-whard goes to: Since I’ve never awarded anyone before (i am useless too), I will start with my blogroll:
OJ who is my eyes and ears into Bombay, the home that will always be. And this is her second such award (claim it already!)
MM who will probably dismiss this because she gets too many awards already whattodo poor thing
Nino’s Mum who is my secret favouritest friend, she just doesn’t know it
Sujatha who intimidates me both with her writing and her mothering (in a good way)
Thinking Cramps who writes beautifully, just not enough
Tamil Punkster: who needs to write; NOW
Amrita who writes more posts than I pee in a day (and I’m pregnant!). And does it well (and i pee pretty well)